Funding international payments are limited to funding option 1: Sending funds to Telpay. Once an exchange rate is secured, that exchange rate will be set for the payment and deemed to be a contracted rate. It will not change so long as the transaction is funded in a timely fashion. Payments will not be sent out until after the transaction has been funded. Therefore, funding option 2, a pre-authorized debit, does not offer enough time to ensure the payment will be deposited on the correct payment date with the quoted exchange rate.
Send Funds to Telpay
Simply add Telpay to your list of bill payees in your online bill payment service. Your bill payment file and funds must be sent to Telpay by 3:00 PM, CST, 1 business day prior to your payment date.
How it works
- Sign in to your online banking.
- Set up Telpay as a biller by searching for 'Telpay Payroll Trust Account' or 'Telpay Payables Trust Account' on your bank's online biller database ("Telpay" usually appears before "Telus")
- Add your account number which is your 7-digit Telpay access number.
- Make an online bill payment to Telpay for the total amount of your payment
- Remember to adjust your payment date to account for holidays or non-process days.
- All funds for the purpose of processing your payments are received into a trust account.
If you need further clarification on these options, please contact a Customer Care Professional at 1-800-665-0302 or email email@example.com.