How do I complete my next payroll transmission using "reuse or revise an existing file"?
If you are not importing a payroll from an accounting software you can “reuse or revise an existing file by following these simple steps or view a training video.
1. Under Importing and Creating, Select Payroll Files
2. Select “Reuse or Revise an Existing File”
3. Select the file you would like to use by date and select open
4. You will now be able to add/delete an employee and change the payment amounts
Once you have made the appropriate changes (for example, updating deposit amounts), select the deposit date and press next
5. You have the option to remit your payroll deductions along with your payroll or use the bill pay functionality of Telpay for Business. Please refer to our government remittance/source deduction processing instructions or contact our Customer Service Team for information. Select 'Submit for Transmission'.
6. A payroll summary will be printed for your records and you will be brought to the confirmation screen. Here you simply need to confirm the payroll file contents and select 'Next'
7.This is the 'Review/Transmit Payments' screen. At this point you will need to enter your approval code or email your signing officers for approval. Once done, click on 'Select Payment Option
8. Choose your preferred funding time option and select 'Send Payments'.
- Send the funds to Telpay from your financial institution’s online bill payment service, or;
- Instruct Telpay to debit your bank account*
*Advanced Debits funding option is only available to existing Telpay for Business desktop users.
9. Once your system has successfully connected to Telpay, you will receive a Transmission Report which you can print or continue. This report will be stored in the history of your Telpay for Business software
10. You will then be required to back up your system. Select a network drive or an external drive. Select 'Backup'