Installing Telpay for Business in a Networked Environment:
Telpay for Business version 7.0.4 is compatible with the following Windows Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/R2, Windows Server 2012/R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10. Versions of Telpay for Business older than version 6.6.157 have been moved to legacy status and are no longer supported.
Note: It is recommended to save this file to a shared network folder so that the server and any client computers can access it and install it.
1. Login as administrator to the computer that is designated as the Telpay for Business server, which is also hosting the Accounting software/Database. Install the Telpay for Business software and if you are running QuickBooks, click next at the end of the Telpay for Business installation wizard to install the QuickBooks integration components on the server as well.
2. Once installation is complete, change the permission on the billpay folder that was created on the server. To do this, right-click on the folder and click on “Properties”, then click on the “Security” tab. Set permissions for the users that are going to use Telpay for Business to have full control of the billpay folder. Share it out on the network by clicking on the “Sharing” tab and then “Advanced Sharing…”. Check the box that says “Share this folder” and choose your required settings.
3. Launch the Telpay software and set up an access number for the first time or restore from a previous backup.
- Once completed make sure that you can log in and see session 1 on top if this is a new set up.
- Or, see the expected session if restored from a backup file.
4. On each client computer install the Telpay for Business software as local administrator or as a user with administrator rights. Install Quick books components if you use QuickBooks.
- You will have to grant “Users” full control of the billpay folder locally on that client computer
- Create mapped drive to the server that is hosting the Telpay for Business application. An example of a server mapped drive path is: \\servername\billpay (can be mapped to the T:\ or any unused drive letter of your choosing.)
- Make sure that the user can access the folder and see all files on the server share.
- Right click on the Telpay for Business icon on the desktop and click “Properties”. Click on the “Shortcut” tab, change the “Target:” to T:\TPSERDLLREG.EXE and the “Start in:” to T:\ (Depending on the drive letter you chose in step 4 b.) Click ok and close the window. Alternatively, you can also directly enter the UNC folder path to the billpay folder. For Example: :\\Servername\Billpay\TPSERDLLREG.EXE
5. Launch Telpay for Business from the icon on the desktop and this will run the Telpay software from the server instance.
Since Telpay for Business is designed as a single user application, only 1 person can log into Telpay for Business at a time. When that user logs out then another user can log in. If you try to execute the software while it is in use by another user, you will receive this error:
If there are any questions or problems that arise regarding the implementation of Telpay for Business software, please contact Telpay technical support:
Telpay Technical Support:
Phone: 1-800-665-0302 Ext: 896
Technical Support Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM Central.