These instructions are for existing Telpay Customers Only. If you are an existing Telpay customer, you will already have the Telpay software downloaded on your computer.
If you are not a current Telpay customer looking to set up your USD account, please view our manual here.
1. Please ensure you are running version 6.6.157, if you are running an earlier version please download the newest version of the Telpay for Business software, version 6.6.157, here.
2. Once you have ensured you are running version 6.6.157, select 'Setup Additional Telpay Access Number'.
3. Enter the USD Telpay access number you were provided and select 'Next' to proceed.
4. The Telpay for Business software will confirm that it can connect to the internet, select 'OK'.
5. You will now begin the set up process, select 'Next'.
6. In the System Access and Authorization window, select:
- the number of persons required to authorize system administration changes,
- the number of persons required to authorize payments (by selecting two people, this acts as the dual signing authorization function) and
- whether or not to enable Remote Authorization. Remote Authorization allows a user to email authorization for approval to a/the signing officer(s).
7. In the User Setup window enter the names and job titles of individuals who require access to the Telpay for Business software.
8. Select 'Next' on the General Ledger window to proceed with the next step
9. Set up your Genearl Ledger information
- Select the type of accounting software you use.
- Enter the name or number of your USD Operating Bank account.
- Enter the name or number of your USD Clearing account.
10. Select 'Apply Settings'
Part 1 is now complete, select 'Finish'
Important Passwords are stored in your software and do not get transmitted to Telpay. If the system administrator password is forgotten, Telpay must reset all of your user passwords. There is a $50.00 fee for a password reset.