Before you import your compatible QuickBooks Online payroll file, ensure that you have reviewed and completed the following:
1. Log into Telpay for Business. From the main menu, under "Importing or Creating", click on "Payroll Files".
2. Re-Import QuickBooks Online compatible Telpay file. Click on "Re-import a File" and browse for the downloaded file which is located in your computer's default download folder.
The first time you import the file you will not see it in the folder, while in the browse area enter *.* in the file name so all files will appear.
Click on the file which will bring it into the window in Telpay for Business. Click on "Next Step".
3. Enter and save your employee's banking information. You will only need to do this once, as the Telpay for Business software will remember the banking information going forward. If banking information for your employees has not been entered into the Telpay software, it may show as being rejected. Once the banking is entered they will be accepted.
4. Enter the date of deposits to the accounts and select 'Next'.
5. Now you have the option to remit your payroll deductions along with your payroll or use the bill pay functionality of Telpay for Business. Select 'Submit for Transmission'.
Please refer to our government remittance/source deduction demo videos or contact our Customer Service Team for information.
6. A payroll summary will be printed for your records and you will be brought to the confirmation screen. Here you simply need to confirm the payroll file contents and select 'Next'.
7. This is the 'Review/Transmit Payments' screen. At this point you will need to enter your approval code or email your signing officers for approval. Once done, click on 'Select Payment Option.
8. Choose your payment option and select 'Send Payments'. You can choose to either:
a) Send the funds to Telpay from your financial institution’s online bill payment service, or;
b) Instruct Telpay to debit your bank account. *Advanced Debits funding option is only available to existing Telpay for Business desktop users.
9. Once your system has successfully connected to Telpay, you will receive a Transmission Report which you can print or continue. This report will be stored in the history of your Telpay for Business software.
10. You will then be required to back up your system. Select a network drive or an external drive. Then click 'Backup'
If you have any questions, please contact a Customer Care Professional at firstname.lastname@example.org.