Have you already process your first Quickbooks Payroll file in Telpay? Good news! All subsequent payroll runs will be very similar to your first. Here is a summary of how to process all future payrolls after your initial payroll run.
1. In QuickBooks software, go into your scheduled payroll run and make cheques payable to your “Telpay Clearing” account. Specify which employees you want to pay and indicate the pay period end and cheque date. Complete your payroll as you normally would and when finished select 'Continue'
2. Select the 'Assign Cheque Numbers to Handwritten Cheques' radio button and give it a reference to direct deposit, such as “DD 001”. Select 'Create Pay cheques'
3. If necessary, you can print or email pay stubs, then click 'Close'. You are now ready to import your payroll into Telpay for Business
4. Launch your Telpay for Business software. Log in and select 'Payroll Files' under 'Importing or Creating'
5. Select the 'Auto Import' button in the middle of the File Processing screen
6. Select the cheque date of the payroll you crated in QuickBooks and select 'OK'
7. Enter the date of deposit for the accounts and select 'Next'
8. You have the option to remit your payroll deductions along with your payroll or use the bill pay functionality of Telpay for Business. Please refer to our government remittance/source deduction processing instructionsor contact our Customer Service Team for information. Select 'Submit for Transmission'.
9. A payroll summary will be printed for your records and you will be brought to the confirmation screen. Simply confirm the payroll file contents and select 'Next'
10. The 'Review/Transmit Payments' screen requires you to enter your approval code or email your signing officers for approval. Once done, click on 'Select Payment Option
11. Choose your preferred funding time option and select 'Send Payments'.
- Send the funds to Telpay from your financial institution’s online bill payment service, or;
- Instruct Telpay to debit your bank account*
*Advanced Debits funding option is only available to existing Telpay for Business desktop users.
12. Once your system has successfully connected to Telpay, you will receive a Transmission Report which you can print or continue. This report will be stored in the history of your Telpay for Business software
13. You will then be required to back up your system. Select a network drive or an external drive. Then click 'Backup'
14. If you are using a Clearing Bank Account, a journal entry will be created that you can import back into QuickBooks which will debit your Clearing Account to zero it out and credit your operating bank account for the lump sum amount of the net deposits. To import the journal entry, in QuickBooks, go to:
- IIF Files
15. Browse to the drive where your Telpay resides:
- Select 'Billpay'
- Select 'Telpay' and select your access number folder
- Select “TGLEXP”
- Select 'Quick.IIF' Fille
If you check your "Chart of Accounts” you will notice that your Clearing Account is now at zero