1) Launch Telpay for Business
2) Click on 'Add New Billers'
3) Select 'a Provincial or Federal Government Agency' and then click 'Next'
4) Under 'Search Biller By' select 'Biller Name'. Type "CRA" in the search field and click 'Find'
5) Determine whether you are doing a GST/HST Remittance, or a GST/HST Return.
Select the appropriate form (ie: returns or remittances) and fill in the required information. For example:
- Select the appropriate biller, click “pay the Selected biller”
- Enter your Biller/Customer Account No. (as shown on invoice). In the field below re-enter the Biller/Customer Account No. for accuracy.
- Enter your General Ledger Account No. / Name (optional)
For Returns you will be required to complete this form:
For remittances you will be required to complete this form:
10) Select the payment date and click 'OK'
11) In the 'Pay Bills and Setup Payables' screen enter the Payment Amount, and enter “zero” in the 'Refundable GST/HST' field
12) Click on the field "View Dist', select 'Accept' on the Distribution Details screen
13) Click 'Accept' and complete the form specified for the payment you are making. There are 2 types of possible forms:
14) On the 'Pay Bills and Setup Payables' screen click on the 'Transmit' button at the bottom of the window
15) Enter the authorized officer’s password or select 'E-mail for Approval' to receive payment authorization. Click 'Select Payment Option'
16) Select your funding option and click 'Send Payments' to finish sending your CRA Payment
17) Once your system has successfully connected to Telpay, you will receive a Transmission Report which you can print or continue. This report will be stored in the history of your Telpay for Business software.
18) You will then be required to back up your system. Select a network drive or an external drive. Then select 'Backup'.