Have you already process your first Sage 50 Payroll file in Telpay? Good news! All subsequent payroll runs will be very similar to your first. Here is a summary of how to process all future payrolls after your initial payroll run.
1. Create your pay cheques as you normally do and make cheques payable to your “Telpay Clearing” account. Select ‘Direct Deposit’.
2. Launch your Telpay for Business software. Log in and select 'Payroll Files' under 'Importing or Creating'.
3. Click on the 'Auto Import' in the middle of the File Processing window
4. Select the cheque date of the payroll you created in Sage 50 and select 'OK'
5. Enter the date of deposits to the accounts and select 'Next'
6. You have the option to remit your payroll deductions along with your payroll or use the bill pay functionality of Telpay for Business
7. A payroll summary will be printed for your records and you will be brought to the confirmation screen. Simply confirm the payroll file contents and select 'Next'.
8. Enter your approval code or email your signing officers for approval. Once your payments are approved, click 'Select Payment Option'.
9. Choose your payment option and click "Send Payments'. You can choose to either:
- Send the funds to Telpay from your financial institution’s online bill payment service, or;
- Instruct Telpay to debit your bank account*
*Advanced Debits funding option is only available to existing Telpay for Business desktop users.
10. Once your system has successfully connected to Telpay, you will receive a Transmission Report which you can print or continue. This report will be stored in the history of your Telpay for Business software.
11. You will then be required to back up your system. Select a network drive or an external drive. Then select 'Backup'.
12. If you are using a Clearing Bank Account, a journal entry will be created that you can import back into Simply Accounting/Sage 50 which will debit your Clearing Account to zero it out and credit your operating bank account for the lump sum amount of the net deposits. To import the journal entry:
- Go to File
- Select Import/Export
- Select Import Transactions
- Click “Next”
- Browse to the drive where your Telpay resides
- Select “Billpay”
- Select “Telpay”
- Select your access number folder
- Select “TGLEXP”
- Double click on your “Simpl.TXT” File
- If you check your “Chart of Accounts” you will notice that your Clearing Account is now at zero