If you have multiple account numbers to pay to one vendor, you can set up a multiple account payments to help streamline your payables process.
For example, if you have 10 Rogers Wireless cell phone accounts to pay, you can pay multiple account numbers and allocate the total amount due to each account number.
Please note: You cannot make multiple account payments on your first payments to the vendor. You must set up and process one payment to the vendor before setting up multiple account numbers to pay. In addition, You can only make multiple account payments to STANDARD BILLERS (Ex: Rogers, Shaw, Hydro...).
Follow the step-by-step instructions below or watch a training video:
1. Open Telpay for Business and on the main menu select, "Bill Payment Files" under the "Importing or Creating" tab:
2. Ensure that the "Accounts Payable" file type is selected and click the "Auto Import" button. This will import your payables information. Remember, you cannot allocate funds to multiple accounts on your first payment to the supplier.
3. To allocate multiple account numbers, select the grey pencil next to the "Amount" column.
4. Once you select the grey pencil, an Account Number Entry screen will appear. You can now allocate multiple account numbers and the corresponding payment amount.
5. Once you finished allocating multiple account numbers, you will now see the Account No. column indicates multiple accounts.