Please make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest Telpay for Business software version v7. if not you can download the latest version here - Telpay Software Download. Telpay for Business Software User Agreement and Terms of Service
From the Main Menu of the Telpay for Business software, select the "Importing or Creating" menu header.
Choose your file type and click "Custom Import Wizard" button to download and install the latest Import and Mapping module.
Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the current Import and Mapping Tool module. The software will close in order for it to install the module. When it has completed, please restart the software. Select your file type at the top and click the "Custom Import Wizard" button to continue.
Step 1. Import and Mapping Wizard
a) Choose your "Type of file" (File of Payments, File of Collections, Accounts Payable)
b) Select import file
- To get started, choose your Type of file: from the drop down menu. Acceptable file extensions are .TXT or .CSV
- Click the Browse button next to File name: then locate your file and select it.
- If the file you want to import contains column headings, click the radio button "First Row Has Column Names".
- Click Next to proceed.
c) Continue working on unfinished file
- If you were part way through an import of a file previously, it will save the file path for you, click the browse button to select a previous file.
d) Download and import map file
To see a list of common map files that can be downloaded for your particular software click the "Download map template" link. It will allow you to save the file to your computer.
- Click "Import" button to map files that you have downloaded.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
e) Biller Maintenance
- If you have billers that you have imported previously using the import tool you can view and remove them here.
Step 2: Specify import options
On the Telpay Import and Mapping Wizard screen, select to 'Create map file' or select 'Use existing map file' then select the file from the list.
Select the Input file format that you will be importing (either Delimited or Fixed length)
a) Do you want to create or use existing map file?
- Option 1 - Create map file
- The Create map file option allows you to use the wizard to map the fields in your file to the Telpay required fields.
- Option 2 - Use existing map file
- The Use existing map file allows you to select a previously created map file or one that you downloaded from the Telpay website.
b) Input file format
Choose the input file format to continue. From here it will allow you to better define the source file that you are importing. Your Accounting software may or may not allow you to configure your file type or the format of your file. It will be necessary that you edit/view your file ahead of time to determine its format.
- Option 1 - Delimited
Delimited: Is a file that has characters or space between fields within your file.
- Delimiter: A delimiter is a character that is used to indicate the end of one filed and the beginning of the next. We do allow you to select the Delimiter type using the drop down. The following types are supported: Comma, Tab, Semicolon, Space, Other.
- Other: If you choose Other as the Delimiter type in the dropdown, you will then be allowed to enter it into the Other: field.
- Text qualifier: You may need to choose this if the fields in your file are surrounded by special characters. “ and ‘ are supported.
- Option 2 - Fixed length
A fixed length file is typically a file that each length of field in the file is of a specific length. If you choose this file type, we will let you select the field length. Usually a Fixed length file is determined by a data-map that will reside in the source program. These files will look like a single line in a file sometimes when opened with an editor.
Step 3: Preview imported file
Once you select the right file format for your file, click NEXT to proceed.
- If you have selected Delimited as your file type it will display to you a preview of your data file. The preview will let you see if the file format you have selected displays properly.
If the info is displayed in separate columns like the example below click Next to continue.
- If you select Fixed length as your file type it will display the file to you, but will require you to click in between each of the fields to insert a vertical bar first to define a separation.
As you can see from the example below you will need to click on the screen and insert a vertical separator between each of the fields in the file above. Click Next to continue.
Step 4: Mapping
The Mapping screen, as per example below, will allow you to map the fields from your input file to the Telpay required fields. Click the drop-down arrow on right-handhand side and choose the Telpay File Headers (Destination) that matches to your file Import File Headers(Source) on the left-hand side.
NOTE: Depending on your input file, the Import file Headers (Source) in the example below may be different.
a) Select all of the T4B File Headers (Destination) in order to continue.
- Option 1: Clear map
This allows you to clear the current settings that you have mapped and start over.
- Option 2: Save map
If you click Save map it will prompt you to enter a file name and to enter a description of the mapping so that you can use it again in the future. The saved maps will appear in the list of maps that you can select from every time to run an import.
- Enter info and click Save to continue.
Step 5: Preview data mapped with Telpay for Business
Once you have mapped your information, it will display the file contents to you and allow you to enter any missing information on the following screen.
1. First click SEARCH to scan the file for potential matches. You can see in the example above that there is several mandatory fields that Telpay needs in order for us to pay the vendor (s)that you imported. 2. For each of the vendors on your
2. For each of the vendors on your list it will prompt you to add a biller using our custom Add A Biller tool. You can search against our current list of billers for a match or you can Create your Own biller. Once you have matched your vendors to our Billers or Created your own billers, It will prompt you to save your information. Click ok to continue.
3. Once you have matched your vendors to our Billers or Created your own billers, It will prompt you to save your information. Click ok to continue.
Step 6: Completing Telpay Import and Mapping Wizard
The confirmation screen (see example below) will be displayed showing you the File source: which is the path to the import file. Click Finish to continue.
It will now display to you the total of the file that you have imported. Complete the file payment screen requirements to submit your file to Telpay for Processing.