Telpay for Business has the ability to pay contractors or subcontractors as a funds transfer. Using the funds transfer payment option allows you to send money (as a bill payment) to any individual. In order to send a funds transfer, banking information is required and the payment is sent electronically for only $0.60.
1. In your accounting software, change the designated bank account to your "Telpay Clearing" account and ensure that the "Direct Debit" or "EFT" payment method is selected.
2. Import the contractor payments from your accounting package into Telpay for Business. Open Telpay for Business. From the Main Menu select "Bill Payment Files".
3. Ensure the "Account Payable" file type is selected and the click "Auto Import".
4. Your contractors payments have now been imported and are ready for you to set them up to receive an electronic payment. Setting up contractor payments is a ONE TIME process for the first electronic payment. The information will be stored and re used for future payments. To begin the set up, select the grey "edit" pencil.
5. Select the "Individual or Funds Transfer" payment type.
6. Enter the contractors banking information and select "OK:.
7. Once your payments have been set up, they will appear in a fuchsia colour in the grid like pattern. Repeat the set up process for all of your contractor payments.
REMEMBER: setting up contractor payments is a ONE TIME process for the first electronic payment. The information will be stored and re used for future payments.
8. Confirm your file contents and select "next".
9. Have signing officers approve payments by entering their electronic PIN in to the software or by approving with remote authorization.
10. You will be presented with the Funding screen. Choose your preferred funding option, and then select ‘Send Payments’
11. Once your system has successfully connected to Telpay, you will receive a Transmission Report which you can print or continue. This report will be stored in the history of your Telpay for Business software.
12. You will be required to back up your system. Choose a network drive or an external drive. Select “Backup”.