The payroll file must be created in a CPA Standard 005 file format. If your accounting software requires an originator ID and destination data centre, you must put something in but what you put in is not relevant to Telpay.
- Once the payroll has been created in you’re payroll software, log into Telpay.
On the main menu, under importing or creating, select Payroll Files.
- Select Import a Bank File.
3. Select the folder in which the bank file has been saved, click the file and press open.
- Your payroll is now imported, Select the date of deposit, and click next.
- You have the option to remit your payroll deductions along with your payroll or use the bill pay functionality of Telpay for Business. Please refer to our government remittance/source deduction processing instructionsor contact our Customer Service Team for information. Select 'Submit for Transmission'.
- A payroll summary will be printed for your records and you will be brought to the confirmation screen. Here you simply need to confirm the payroll file contents and select 'Next'.
- Enter your approval code or email your signing officers for approval. Once done, click on 'Select Payment Option.
- Choose your preferred funding time option and select 'Send Payments'.
Payroll funding times options:
- Send the funds to Telpay from your financial institution’s online bill payment service, or;
- Instruct Telpay to debit your bank account*
*Advanced Debits funding option is only available to existing Telpay for Business desktop users.
- Once your system has successfully connected to Telpay, you will receive a Transmission Report which you can print or continue. This report will be stored in the history of your Telpay for Business software.
- You will then be required to back up your system. Select a network drive or an external drive. Then click 'Backup'.